As-salamu aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu, I hope you're all well.

I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice on how to handle my situation, I live in a non-muslim country, in a family of 4 (mother,father brother and me). We are all muslim, but my father is a narcissist and I feel his arrogance, pride and intention to "show off" in his prayers an recitations, so much so that I hate listening to the Qur'an (specially if he's the one reciting) and performing obligatory prayer. I still want to pray, but I can't, because I get the feeling he thinks I'm doing it because he has set the example, and I want him to take 0 credit. I also dislike praying because it reminds me of him.

In the past he would always remind me to pray when I was doing something I liked or playing with my brother. If I wasn't doing anything he wouldn't remind me to pray. This created such a hate towards him calling me to prayer that I finally told him to never talk or remind me again about prayer.

In general he just emits these "bad vibes", so much so that some family members refuse to come home because of this, he when to a Raqi to see if this was because of jinn, and starting talking with a light voice. I am very skeptic of the authenticity of this, I personally this he was faking it to justify his behaviour, but Allahua'lam.

Sorry if this was too long, but I just wanted to make sure I portrayed my situation with as much detail as posible.

submitted by /u/TulipStrangler
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3jvLJbd
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours