I was born into a Muslim family and raised as a Muslim, yet I ended up drifting away from the religion. I still follow basic principles: I don’t drink alcohol or smoke, I still fast during Ramadan, I still believe in Allah, I still eat Halal.

So I suppose, it’s mostly just prayer that I’ve drifted away from. But that’s obviously the most important aspect of religion. In that aspect, I guess I still identify as a Muslim, but at the same time I don’t really feel like one anymore. Even though I follow many of the other principles, having not prayed in so long makes it harder for me to tell people that I actually am a Muslim. I always feel hesitant to answer if someone asks what religion I follow. I’m never sure whether to say “I’m a Muslim” or ‘I’m an ex-Muslim”.

I don’t actually know where I’m going with this post. I don’t really have a definitive question or statement to get across. I suppose I just felt like sharing my experience and was wondering if anyone else is/was in a similar situation as me.

submitted by /u/_Illegal_Carrot_
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3dV8fsA
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours