Hi,
I have been seeking God and of all the religions out there, I only see one of the three Abrahamic religions as being the viable path to truth concerning the Maker of Heaven and Earth.
I will admit to not being terribly knowledgeable about Islam but decided to read the Quran to see how it differed from Judaism and Christianity.
One thing that really showed me how little I knew about your faith was that the concept of blood sacrifice, prominent in the other two Abrahamic religions, does not seem present in Islam.
One of the things that drew me to Abrahamic religions was the very concept of blood sacrifice because it spoke to me of God's divine justice and divine mercy.
Justice in the sense that sin is abominable to God and sin must be put to death so that nothing evil may persist into the hereafter but also merciful to the sinner in that the sacrifice is payment for sins commited in this life, and the payment is blood (life for a life) .
The sacrifice seems to show us what should happen to us because of our sins but also shows us God's grace in that He will accept a sacrifice in place of us the sinner.
How does Islam deal with this concept of divine justice and divine mercy without placing value on the blood of the sacrifice?
Thank you very much in advance for entertaining my question.
Peace to you.
[link] [comments]
from Islam https://ift.tt/343eXtV
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours