Hello, I'm an agnostic that attended a Christian school, and I had a question about the Muslim faith. In my World Religions class, my teacher taught the class that Islam is a religion created by Satan because it tells those that practice it to "kill nonbelievers" and even though it says earlier in the Quran that you have to love others, that the "rule of supremacy" causes the "killing nonbelievers" thing to take precedent over loving others.

My teacher defined the rule of supremacy as "any teaching that comes later in the Quran overrides any teaching that came before it" so for example, if the Quran said "love others even if their beliefs differ" in the first half of the book and it said "kill nonbelievers" in the second half of the book, that Muslims would have to kill nonbelievers even though it said to love others earlier in the text.

I promise I'm not here to start anything, this is a genuine question and it has caused me to question the validity of the Islam belief system despite my attempts to become more accepting of others. I'm just trying to educate myself because I know for a fact that the Muslims of America don't kill nonbelievers and still believe they're in the right regarding their beliefs. My apologies for my deep ignorance of your religion, please understand that for my entire life I have been told that Islam is evil and anyone that practices it wants to kill me, and now that I am an adult getting ready to start my own life, I want to learn more about the world before I begin.

All I ask is that the replies aren't vicious, as I have made posts like this in the past asking ridiculous questions to many other groups of people, and they have all metaphorically spit on me through the replies and it's awful for my anxiety. I just want to be a loving and understanding human.

submitted by /u/TheSkeletalPoet
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3jexjfQ
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours