I've been chatting to a friend of my Dad's. My Dad passed away 3 years ago, but he was good friends with this guy. We chat for a good while and I consider him a good friend. Just last night he gifted me money to help.

But today, we fell out. We got onto the discussion of Islam. He started saying how all Muslims are pedophiles, and terrorists. He spoke with anger and hatred. I asked him to show me the evidence of his claims in the Quran to which he replied "I've never read that rubbish and I don't plan to".

Which left me scratching my head as you could probably imagine. He said Christian's, Hindu's, Sikh's and Catholics are all good people, but not Muslims. When I put to him the majority of the world is religious and one should be respectful of others beliefs he then replied "religion is for dumb people so the world must be dumb".

I'm a Muslim, but I don't say it out loud. There's a misconception about Islam in my circles. I defend Islam as a peaceful religion and not one that condones heinous crimes. Those are not the words of Allah, or the lifestyle Mohammad led (PBUH).

I was trying to explain to my family friend why I think Islam is peaceful, and not the religion the West proclaims it to be. It was like talking to a brick wall and in the end I ended the conversation and decided it's probably best not to dwell among such people.

I can not understand the venomous hatred some people have for Islam. It's hurt me if I'm honest.

Has anybody experienced this?

submitted by /u/doggertron_
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3gExRtO
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours