I hope this story can help some people.

About 2nd year when i started college i stumbled upon a few sites that, at first, seemed relatively innocent. I was more intrigued in the context of the community and what it was about (which looking back now, wasnt the best thing to be associated with).

Years passed and i kept thinking about something i read a long time ago where what would you do if Muhammad (pbuh) knocked on your door, would you let him in, tell him to wait or not allow him in. This filled my mind as i continued with the community.

This community was all pro lgbt, "freedom of everything" and were concerningly supportive of extremely obese people. I hated that aspect where i couldnt say anything without getting hated on for not supporting them. More like "do what you want, but dont drag me down with you" kind of mentality.

I finally decided, after almost 3 years, to break away from the community, i unfollowrd them, i blocked the social media, unsubbed from those subreddits and freed myself. The following night i got a dream that i can only desvribe as freeing. I woke up in tears feeling happier than ever. I feel like it was Allah (swt)'s way of saying i did the right thing.

Brother and sister, this is only my experience after going down the wrong path for a few years, this world is filled with fitna and toxicity and stuff we shouldnt be supporting. Islam is the true path and it knows what it best for us. I encourage everyone involved in bad/toxic/backwards communities to leave them. They would be allowed to us if Allah (swt) knew they werent detrimental to our mental and physical health.

Selam aleykum.

submitted by /u/TAT33R
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/34xZy53
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours