I am from Istanbul, a city which easily dilutes every identity in a snapshot. Look at recent Hagia Sophia debates. Muslims are trying to worship without getting eye-to-eye contact Jesus while they are on "sajda". And government looks for remedies with some lazer covers. Their predecessors tried the same with more pritimive tools, like plastering the icons. I mean, come on, Hagia Sophia is older than Islam.

On the other hand, our country's republican heritage has been mainly shaped by Jewish doenmehs. (dönme - renegade, check Shabbati Zvi). And there is Xuzarim, which basically means Turks who accepted Judaism in Caucasia. It's a mess really in here, in İstanbul. Or Constantinople. Whatever you choose to say.

My point is, why should we choose atheism instead of embracing all these cultures? They cover half of the human population. What stops us being a Muslim, Christian and Jew at once? We like the guy, Abraham. He would not approve all this schism I bet.

submitted by /u/pasobordo
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3fBKAxH
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours