Revert from Catholicism here; I’ve been of the deen for ~6 months now and have been using an app to help me offer salah. It’s been very useful in that it shows the prayers written in romanized text as well as plays audio of them so I learn to pronounce them, and tells me when to change postures etc.

However, I find that even 6 months in I’m still just as dependent on the app as I was when I started (save for the fatiha, I got that down pretty quick). Does anyone here have any advice on how I can commit the prayers to memory so that I can transition away from using the app? I assumed the repetition would eventually make the prayers stick but so far, no such luck. I would very much like to learn to offer salah without the app in the event that I find myself without the app to help me.

Thank you and Allah hafiz

submitted by /u/arisasam
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2VPFV35
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours