Hello Friends. My dad died yesterday from Covid & Pneumonia. He was a very devout Muslim. My 2 brothers & my Uncle are devout as well. My dad named me to handle everything for him.
My older brother & I only learned of a brother older than us a few years ago. My dad didn’t know about him. My brother I grew up with is currently incarcerated. My father was incarcerated for the last 34 years. My uncle lives 5 hours away. So basically I’m the only 1 here to arrange everything.
I was able to speak with my brother that carries my dads name & he gave me burial instructions. The amazing Imam at the Islamic Center of VA put me in touch with a funeral home that offers Muslim burials. The Center is also having volunteers prepare my Dad properly. They also made themselves available to have him buried within the 3 days & the Imam is going to handle the prayer.
My question is, as a Christian woman, what should I wear? I want to honor my father. I want to honor the amazing people who have given him a resting place among his brothers & sisters. My father was a loving & peaceful man. I want to do right by him. I tried calling the center but with this is their busiest day & I didn’t want to bother anyone. They have already gone far above what even our own family has done.
I will make sure my mother & I are covered but I’m not sure if I need to cover my hair. I read the paperwork & it doesn’t mention it.
I’m sorry for the wall of text & formatting. He just passed yesterday & I’m still processing. I am only an extension of my brother & I want to make sure our dad can go on his journey properly.
I will be forever grateful for any help & guidance. My dad named me as his next of kin & I am both honored & broken-hearted. Please help me.
[link] [comments]
from Islam https://ift.tt/32HeD3t
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours