( I posted this or r/muslims but I'm posting this here as well as I really want credible answers and opinions)
I'm asking this question out of utter curiosity. yesterday, in India very unexpected news circulated about the death of a Bollywood celebrity, suicide. Naturally, the internet was flooded with mental health awareness and the media continued to exploit his death for views. but there was another section of social media forwards or tweets that intrigued me. some Indian Muslims and a lot of Pakistani Muslims started bashing people (Muslims) for mourning over the death of a 'kaafir' who committed suicide and while I agree, suicide is not allowed in Islam but is it really necessary to bring up someone being kaafir when they died? is it true that we cannot wish RIP for them? another category was the kind that used certain snippets of people's reactions to spreading awareness about Sudanese, Yemen, Palestine, and the like.
I am all for spreading awareness about such matters but is it necessary to compare oppression and misery? drawing such analogies according to me just alienates people from the cause and divides communities. and to be very frank, there are other people going through such hard times presently and very significantly in the past, but these people never said a word about their misery. is it ok to demand morality and empathy when a subject resonates with you even when you didn't speak up when non-Muslims were needed of that support?
EDIT: edit: ok, so id like to emphasize the "some Muslims part" in the second half of my post. I just saw a rightwing 'news website" (almost all media houses are but this one is alt-right) made an article, singling out such tweets. And the current news situation in India is basically asking the boycott of 'the khans' for the demise of the celebrity. They can't report anything without berating Muslims.
[link] [comments]
from Islam https://ift.tt/3hwpMJd
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours