I'm new to Islam, from a Roman Catholic background, but with the influence of an Sufi friend of mine I have been fasting during Ramadan. It has been great but I had a few questions, hope you can help me.

First off, the fasting on Saturday ends when the first new moon is sighted, does that mean I can myself go outside and look for it and then just go in and eat? I have a PDF of the times for Maghrib and Fajr, and the time for Saturday is 21:38, but the moon is highest in the sky where I live at 12:38, what is the correct thing to do?

Also on Saturday night is it the same as normal? Breaking the diet with dates, and then just normal food, or is there some kind of celebration that night already? Or is Eid al-Fitr more for the day after the last fasting day?

Thanks for any help, so glad to have done this, was really a tough but rewarding experience.

submitted by /u/kingpubcrisps
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2WQD22U
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours