Salam aleykum,

yesterday was the first time I went to a masjid in a long time. I live in Germany. My family came here from Bosnia when the war started. My father and I used to go the bosnian masjid in the city we live in for Id al-fitr once a year. Other than that I didnt really go to the mosque, neither did I pray at home.

Since my father passed away a month ago it really made me think about my relationship with islam and i decided that i finally want to learn how to pray and try to be a better muslim. So this ramadan i learned alot about islam and how to do the prayer. Yesterday i decided its time for me to go to the masjid for the first time and i'm not sure what i shoud think about my experience i made there.

The bosnian community here is pretty small and basically everybody knows each other. Alot of people came to me when they saw me and offered their condolences which i think was really nice of them. After the prayer i wanted to introduce myself to the imam whom i did not now personally yet. The imam also heard of my dad passing away and offered his condolences to me. But the first question he asked me after that was if i already paid zakat. There was something in his tone that made him sound really greedy. I dont know... I came to the masjid with the purest intention of worshipping and seeking some relief from the feeling of loosing a parent and the first thing the imam asks me is if I paid zakat already. This whole situation made me feel really uncomfortable and I did not want to go to taraweeh tonight.

Am I wrong for feeling like this? Is this normal behaviour from the imam?

submitted by /u/arminko_hh
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3bMU9qM
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours