Salaam alaykom everybody,

Don't take me for a friend because I'm obviously an exMuslim but I'm here to tell you that you're somewhat right about r/exmuslim. Not because I'm trying to appeal to any of you for any drama but I'm sharing my thoughts out loud. Won't come back here or bring any exmuslims here. Feel free to read it you don't have to comment either.

1.. The place is filled with emotional teenagers that complain about extremist behaviors and say it's a representative of Islam. Like someone saying Ramadan made their family fat because they ate so much. Well gluttony is a sin in and out of Ramadan so you have no argument. Or like honor killings.

They downvoted me every time I said honor killings do not represent Islam. Because Islam demands 4 witnesses or confession or if it's a husband and wife they swear 4 times and the 5th one the accusor says may I be cursed if I was lying in accusing you and the accused says may I be cursed if I'm lying about my innocence and the wife gets back her dowry and the marriage is dissolved.

2.. They complain that Muslims listen to apologists and believe without evidence but many of them do the same thing as well. They listen to a video online and they believe 100% of it when maybe 60% was legitimate criticism and 40% wasn't.

3.. They downvote Muslims that come with actual legitimate refutations against the posts made but to be fair there are exmuslims that call out that bs as well. It's become an echo chamber of closemindedness. They love democracy and equality but only when it serves them (not speaking in absolutes)

4.. There's some insane hatred for familial values and sacrifices made for family. Your parents are too strict and they did X to you? Well F them go run away, contact these people and they should be able to help you run away. No one should live a life they don't want. Your parents are insane. You deserve better. Apply for asylum to country Z and change your name.

I've seen people insult OPs parents and get upvotes on it like there's no problem at all.

Don't they think about if their parents ever got sick or God forbid died when the person's run away? Don't they think that the parents are just trying their best? (Again not all the time)

Feel free to just read. You can comment if you want but again I'm not your friend or your enemy either. I'm just sharing my experience.

Peace.

Edit: added a really important point as well.

submitted by /u/twiwannadie
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/36GbbWK
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours