Hello sub, this is my(M19) first Ramadan and I am doing terribly. I am the only "muslim" (I say it like that because I am trying to keep an open mind for all monotheistic spiritual practices) member in my open-minded Christian family. Before Islam, I became addicted to smoking tobacco and cannabis and maintained the addiction for almost 4 years. I never quite kicked these addictions... This is terrible obviously, because these activities are haram and lower our vibration. During this Holy month I swore to myself that I would abstain from all foods, drinks, pot and tobacco products.

This is the third day of Ramadan in Canada, and I am a total failure! I slept through Suhoor, and missed my morning meal! I also had a moment of weakness and smoked! I am so ashamed of myself for my total lack of self control. I will make up the days and extend my fast.

Can someone please give me advice or tips that can help me during this scary time in the world, and will help me stay true to the fast!

TL;DR: I am a convert failing to stick to the fast!!

submitted by /u/flamond111
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3bHWljY
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours