Salaam alaikum brothers and sisters I pray that each and every one of you is in a state of closeness to Allah sub hanna wa ta'ala.

My wife and I are both converts to Islam and we live in a city with a very mixed community with regards to the Madhabs that are followed, there are many Hanafi, Shafi and Maliki practitioners all around, but most people do not have the education to advise what is a cultural difference and what is a difference in Madhab and my sheikh follows the Maliki Madhab.

My wife and I follow the Hanafi Madhab but as our education has come from varying teachers from various mudhabs, I suspect some of our practices are in line with other Madhabs and contradictory to the hanify Madhab.

At this stage of my life I am not concerned with ensuring every fine detail of fiqh is in line with my Madhab, however I believe it is important to ensure all of the larger differences are being observed. I am aware of Hanifai's different rulings when it comes to seafood, travel prayers, Witr prayer, contact with the other gender not breaking Wudu, and zhur/Asr prayer time. Are there other major differences that I should be aware of?

Jazakallah khairan.

submitted by /u/eatmoarbeats
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2wMA45j
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours