Assalamu alaikum 😊 I’m into following longevity research. I find the science fascinating, subhanAllah, and enjoy it because I can implement the findings into my own life. But when it comes to the concept of the singularity, some of Ray Kurzweil’s predictions, and the concept of human beings living “forever” (with the help of AI) I wonder if this is all in vain.

On a smaller scale, we know our time of death is written, yet we all take practical measures to maintain our health. A step further, if more treatments were available, we would likely accept them if they allowed us to have longer lifespans and greater health and wellness for a longer period of time — think 120 good years out of 140 vs 40 out of maybe 80. This isn’t necessarily a conflict yet, because we’re told that: “[ Allah ] will say, "How long did you remain on earth in number of years?" They will say, "We remained a day or part of a day; ask those who enumerate.” He will say, "You stayed not but a little - if only you had known. Then did you think that We created you uselessly and that to Us you would not be returned?" Surah Al Mumineen 111-115. So even with an extremely long lifespan, one that we find difficult to even fathom, we know the afterlife is incomparable. I’ve read about Methuselah who some consider a pre-Islamic prophet aged to around 1000 years old at the time of death, but from varying Islamic sources Prophet Ibrahim AS is said to have lived upwards of 150 years. So this wouldn’t be unfathomable or necessarily problematic yet I don’t think.

Sometimes I feel worried that I research and follow this science and wonder if considering (and especially believing) the possibility of “living forever” in and of itself is a type of disbelief?

Sorry if this just seems like crazed ramblings, by it’s something that’s on my mind occasionally

submitted by /u/jtflcntmltstlbms-
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/38tq1Pj
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours