Assalamualakum,

So I have been using Anki for almost 1.5 years now in my studies and it has helped me tremendously with mastering knowledge, learning concepts, rote memorization, and minutiae. Before I move on to my proposal I want to preface this with saying that I understand fully that the only way to become a hafidh is through intense amounts of work and constant and consistent practice. However, I think an Anki deck might help a little bit which is why I wanted to ask the very smart people of this community if you guys thought it was worth investing in.

Overview

The Deck would be one deck split into 114 subdecks with each Surah being one deck. These will be Overlapping Cloze style cards (for those of you who know what that means) so it'll look something like this. What that means is if you were reading Surat An-Nas and you were on the third card you would see the first two ayat, a blank spot, and then the last three ayat. If you moved on to the fourth card you would see the first three and the last two with the fourth being blank. Once you had seen all six cards and passed them on the seventh card would be the entire surah as a blank spot and you would have to recite the whole thing. In general, I think it wouldn't be too hard to make a card style and just copy paste each aya in to it but again, only if you think it would be worth it.

The second thing that I would like this deck to have is attached extra fields. Because of the customizability that Anki offers we could very easily build in any given translation into the extra fields of the cards so you could learn (or at least read) the translations as you went. You could also add in tafsir, voice overs, and a bunch of other fun stuff.

I understand that this suggestion will take a lot of work which is why I wouldn't want to start it until and unless I knew that it was worth pursuing and if some of the more knowledgeable people in this forum would weigh in on it.

Insha'Allah it's worth pursuing.

submitted by /u/Hamza78ch11
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2Gqh1iE
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours