Disclaimer: I’m not a Muslim, I’ve been interested in the religion and recently a Quran has found its way into my possession. (A very odd coincidence but that’s a story for another day)

I’ve been feeling with a lot recently, a friend I’ve met over reddit has become so suicidal that I can’t do anything, I felt worthless and like I was spiralling back down into depression (I’ve had issues before) But I randomly opened up the Quran to read a verse, and I saw 35:18.

“Nor can a bearer of burdens bear another's burdens if one heavily laden should call another to (bear) his load. Not the least portion of it can be carried (by the other). Even though he be nearly related. Thou canst but admonish such as fear their Lord unseen and establish regular Prayer. And whoever purifies himself does so for the benefit of his own soul; and the destination (of all) is to Allah.”

And, that right there moves me. Deeply. I cannot bear others burdens. I can only pray that they get the help they need and deserve. It was hard to wrap my head around but the Quran in that moment was very helpful and I just felt compelled to share that here.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/BradJesus
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2tP1oyu
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours