Essalamu alleykum,

I am a christian but most of my friends are muslim. This leads to us discussing about religion very often (most of the times in a friendly/joking/interested way).
Today I realised that I am probably muslim but we weren't able to come to a conclusion:
I believe in the one God (although I believe in the holy trinity which for me is just us humans seeing one entitiy (god) act in different ways, which are connected beyond our realm).
I believe that Mohamed is his prophet.
I can read the shahada (if I am given the pronunciation) and believe in everything it says.
I believe that Allah already knows everything I and everybody is going to do.
I believe that praying often is right (even though I only pray about 3-4 times a day but not as a ritual but rather as a situational thing, not in the way of praying for a million dollars, but for support).
I believe that fasting is right (even though I don't do it in any way).
I used to go to church pretty much every Sunday, now I barely go to it once every 3 months.
I believe that there are servants to Allah (angels, but I don't think that they have a body with wings).
I believe that giving to the poor is right.

The main problem is whether it's possible to be muslim and believe in the trinity. Any help would be appreciated :) (I don't intend on converting or anything like that, it's just an interesting thought for me).

Thank you very much in advance :)

submitted by /u/Lightdm123
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/364FhlB
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours