This question might sound a bit strange considering how often we hear those words, but it's only recently I've begun to think more about what exactly it means and tbh, I'm a bit stumped. We're always told to do good deeds or pray or do this or that "for the sake of Allah." But the reality is, even if we're not consciously thinking it, every good deed we do qualifies us for reward in Jannah, and every sin we commit puts us at risk of going to the Hellfire. Doesn't that mean that we're (either consciously or unconsciously) doing good deeds for our own personal benefit, not for the sake of Allah? What's the difference between selflessly doing a good deed without expecting any reward, vs doing it for the sake of Allah? Are they mutually exclusive or one and the same? Is doing something for the sake Allah, as "selfless" as we think it is?

I'd really appreciate any help in clearing this up. Others may have similar questions. Jazakallah khair.

submitted by /u/ghostfivenine
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2q38uh3
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours