A couple years ago, I was on some muslim website reading about male modesty and how men were commanded to lower their gaze or something. There were some anecdotes for example as well. Apparently in one of the (probably not true) stories, some Muslim dude met a non-Muslim woman and closed his eyes and turned his face away. The woman asked him, "why are you turning away from me" and he said something like "because you are very beautiful and I am trying to keep my thoughts chaste" and this impressed her and she eventually married him and converted to Islam.

Does anyone know what I am talking about or ever heard of this story?

I don't remember if he was supposed to be a captured prisoner or something and the woman was the guard, or maybe I just made that up. Thanks for reading, I've always been curious about this anecdote I read.

submitted by /u/KnowWhatYouWrite
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2Ngjqkd
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours