Hello. I'm a writer, who mostly deals in fictional works centered around morality and the questions that arise in 'morally grey' situations and how people react to them. In my current work, I'm writing a character who is a practicing Muslim, and I've been studying the Qu'ran and other texts to attempt to give a faithful and respectful interpretation of the beliefs, as opposed to the all-too-common misconceptions I often saw in the media in my youth.

That being said, a question came to me earlier, and it's been nagging at my mind. I will confess that I'm not a religious person by any means, and as such, not a believer in Islam. As such, is it disrespectful for me to attempt to portray a member of the faith? Is it considered alright if I consult relevant sources and portray him in an accurate and respectful manner? I would just like some insight, as I want my work to be enjoyable to all who read it, not just those who are closer to me in my beliefs.

submitted by /u/Gablepres
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/34uft1f
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours