My mother and father are in the process of getting a divorce after over 25 years of a toxic relationship. All I can describe my father as is an abusive narcissist who is overly concerned with image. He is desperate to keep the marriage afloat (even though it is damaged beyond repair) in order to retain 'legitimacy' and honor before our 'traditional' community, who apparently see nothing worse than divorce.

In order to prove to others that our family is in dire need of him, he tells others that my mom and the rest of us have problems, refusing to protect his own family's name. Beyond this, he tries to convince us that we won't get anywhere without him...which is ironic since he consistently puts my sisters and own and tells us we won't get anywhere in life, as though he wants to ensure we fail. This was recently confirmed to me during my university graduation during which my father was sullen, did not congratulate me, and ended the day as though he had a grudge against me. He doesn't care about his kids otherwise he wouldn't have walked in and out of their lives at whim.

He wants us to fail and be miserable so that he can say 'I told you so' in front of the whole communtiy and continue on with his double life in peace, free of judgement.

How do I deal with this horrendous reality? i know this is not what a father is.

submitted by /u/youarethebecuz123
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2JHuvs2
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours