Assalamu Alaykum my brothers and sisters in Islam. I have a question regarding literally moving your lips when performing dhikr, or reciting the Quran. When I was a child, I was told that reciting the Quran in your heart / mind and saying "subhanallah, alhamdullilah, astaghfurullah" internally is considered valid and would give you hasanat. Before I sleep, I like to recite the last surahs, Ayat Ul Kursi, and repeat astaghfurullah and other adhkar in my mind. I read a few months ago that Allah SWT does not accept my dhikr / recitation if it is internal / silent, and that I must mouth the words / move my lips at least to receive hasanat. This has brought me great sadness, as I no longer perform dhikr as much as I used to internally. However, if Allah requires it, it is my duty to do it the way He wants. I tried to do research regarding this, but couldn't find a clear answer online. If I see haram for example, or if I do anything wrong or think something not halal, I used to say astaghfurillah in my heart to ward of these thoughts, or put my mind at ease, but ever since I read that, I feel like it is useless. Can someone please enlighten me as to whether Allah counts my dhikr and recitation as valid if I do it silently, without mouthing the words? Jazakum Allah khayr

submitted by /u/KingAzul
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2B0Vfz3
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours