Throwaway account for privacy.

Okay, so I've been contemplating making this post for many months and every time I've started and written a couple sentences, I think I'm stupid and childish and delete my draft. I guess this is more of me ranting than anything so what I'm probably going to say is going to be unorganized.

I'm a male in my mid twenties. I grew up and currently live in Canada. I'm still studying in a post-secondary institution. So my problem is how difficult it is to get married. I understand that this is not a problem who's sole factor and variable is religion. Our culture from back home has an effect and so does the society and economy we live in. It's just from my perspective, and I am by no means purporting it to be a validation for anything, there's really got to be a limit to how much a person can hold back from falling into temptation especially as someone who has grown up in this sexualized society, has tried sincerely to practice religion to the best of his capabilities, and is in their mid twenties at this point.

I totally get that everyone is looking for the best for themselves. Most (if not all) muslim women who are looking to get married would look for a husband who is financially sound. This sets a very high standard for men and at the same time this would require that every male muslim that earns needs to be from a lower-middle class income family. Which is fine. But that's literally telling every lower class/poverty line muslim man to cut their dick off. And culturally, I can't really even propose to someone when I'm not employed. It'd be another 2 years till I'm done and earning. With all of this in mind, I just seems so much easier to engage in an illicit relationship, not that that's something I'd like to do. Truthfully speaking, I'd prefer hanging myself than to walk that path.

I try very hard to stay positive when I'm going to work, commuting or when I'm at school. No one in my friend/family circle knows I feel this way because I just try to cover it up, stay happy and positive. But it's just those little moments, like seeing a couple laughing, that just drains that positive energy and make it feel that even waiting a couple months to get married is hard.

Also, please, for God's sake, don't tell me to be patient. Any other discussions are welcomed :)

submitted by /u/throwaway87654323456
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2NaqNZd
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours