I didn't win a huge huge amount, just like 75k and used some to send overseas for relief if flooding back in homeland, but I found out my real friends from my fake ones with this win and haram gamble. Only Allah judges me and I wasn't thinking clearly and immature. I forgot to check the opt-out and the lottery commission blasted me across newspapers so everyone saw. They made me famous in whole state.

I only played this game because I knew the odds were highly in my favour. It was kind of like Dubai raffle where 1 out of 5,000 is drawn. The religious friends I had never even found out I won because they don't even look at results. But couple of regular Muslim friends cut me off and ignored me when they saw me in public. I pray now anyways and I do feel my prayer is accepted because it is more potent when I do it at the Mosque and I feel cleaner more alive and bliss feeling everytime I pray (especially the Asr). At the Mosque I try hide my face with glasses because now even strangers from my Muslim community who we both came from same country recognise my face in public as the guy who won. I worry they may get me outside and attack me after I leave prayer all because I gambled. I am in the US now and law enforcement is great, but should I worry? Some people might remember I won and see me at Mosque and think to themselves "Wow why would that you be joining us in prayer if he won before? And gambled sinfully".

Sadly my homeland had the bad kind of Islamic people who love the dangerous ways to push Islam, but I never know if ones here have extremists views hidden in them that they can easily take out on me. Maybe I'll just go to the Bosnian Mosque, I don't look like them and I doubt they'll ever even have remembered my face from my 2018 win.

Yesterday (Saturday) I was at the mall where most of my original nationalities hangs out, and I had a hat and glasses on so no one can easily recognize me.

Also One of the guys that ignored me was a former co-worker since 2009, and he did the ignoring as I was going to Friday prayer and he was standing outside the other Mosque that is mostly Arab/Asian and man he just stood there as I said hi and gave me odd look.

Isn't it true that if I donate some of my winnings to charity or a great cause like the flooding, I will not be in sin for it? I also donated $2,000 to a Harvard Muslim student who doctors have 5 years to live because of cancer.

submitted by /u/skywaybum
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/349Bh1U
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours