In the Name of Allaah, the Most Merciful. Peace

I'm wondering what is the purpose in this life of those who never heard, or knew Islaam until their death, because Allaah clearly states in:

Adh-Dhariyat:56 وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالْإِنْسَ إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُونِ "And I did not create the jinn and mankind EXCEPT TO worship Me."

and in Al-Mulk:2 الَّذِي خَلَقَ الْمَوْتَ وَالْحَيَاةَ لِيَبْلُوَكُمْ أَيُّكُمْ أَحْسَنُ عَمَلًا ۚ وَهُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْغَفُورُ "[He] who created death and life TO TEST YOU [as to] which of you is best in deed - and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving -"

and in Al-Kahf:7 إِنَّا جَعَلْنَا مَا عَلَى الْأَرْضِ زِينَةً لَهَا لِنَبْلُوَهُمْ أَيُّهُمْ أَحْسَنُ عَمَلًا "Indeed, We have made that which is on the earth adornment for it that We may TEST THEM [as to] which of them is best in deed."

and in many other verses actually in which I won't quote since I'm pretty much sure you got my point.

Problem here is that I can't fathom what are their purpose in this life, and by they I mean those who have never heard about Islaam until their death because this will make their life pointless in this world (for them), moreover there lived such people https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Woodcock#Murder_of_Carole_Voyce https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Black_(serial_killer)#Caroline_Hogg and of course many others that I won't quote because I'm sure you got my point too. If We are going by data, chances are Islaam have not been as ubiquitous as today in their place and time. For example, at Carole Voyce's time the statistics of religion in Canada can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Canada#Census_results

I did say in this world because if We are talking about life completely then I can't say their life is completely pointless for test in the next world exists as stated in the hadith about 4 groups: the deafs; the fools; the feebly old people; and those who died in the fatrah.

I'm asking this because I'm sure all of us agree that Islaam is the biggest blessing one can have, and if Allaah made it so only some of us humans heard Islaam while the purpose in this life is to worship him alone then I must be honest and say that doesn't click with me, how can that be called just? I'm feeling bad as a muslim for asking this, as someone whose identity literally translates to submitter (to Allaah) and while I know of Allaah's name: al-`Adl, al-Hakiim, ar-Rahiim; but I guess part of me can't just swallow that until I know their purpose in this life and I'm using our father, Ibrāhīm's train of thought regarding this. He said in Al-Baqarah:260

وَإِذْ قَالَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ رَبِّ أَرِنِي كَيْفَ تُحْيِي الْمَوْتَىٰ ۖ قَالَ أَوَلَمْ تُؤْمِنْ ۖ قَالَ بَلَىٰ وَلَٰكِنْ لِيَطْمَئِنَّ قَلْبِي ۖ قَالَ فَخُذْ أَرْبَعَةً مِنَ الطَّيْرِ فَصُرْهُنَّ إِلَيْكَ ثُمَّ اجْعَلْ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ جَبَلٍ مِنْهُنَّ جُزْءًا ثُمَّ ادْعُهُنَّ يَأْتِينَكَ سَعْيًا ۚ وَاعْلَمْ أَنَّ اللَّهَ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ

'And [mention] when Abraham said, "My Lord, show me how You give life to the dead." [ Allah ] said, "Have you not believed?" He said, "Yes, but [I ask] only that my heart may be satisfied." [ Allah ] said, "Take four birds and commit them to yourself. Then [after slaughtering them] put on each hill a portion of them; then call them - they will come [flying] to you in haste. And know that Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise." '

Prophets have the right to ask Allaah for evidence; and I know that I'm no prophet but I still think that asking for evidence is not a bad thing in Islaam considering how many times Allaah told us to think in the Qur'aan. So can you please tell me what is their purpose in this life? If you can't, can you please tell me how can I believe in the justice of Allaah when such cruelty (sexual assaults & murders of children [or people] who probably never heard of Islaam) happened, and maybe is still happening? Us muslims believe that trials can clean our sins if passed correctly, but what does trial mean for them? For those who never knew Islaam yet still became a victim of such cruelty?

Oh yea, my question is pretty much the same as this question http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=8&Topic=4188 but I didn't find any answer there so I'm asking here.

Jazaakumullaahu khayran

edit: formatting

submitted by /u/graygap
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/32QyHwT
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours