Assalamu alaikum. You guys don't have to answer this if you don't want to.

Disclaimer: I'm not really a super devoted Muslim, but I do kinda believe in God and I make dua to Him a lot.

So growing up, I was told that Islam sees women as people and the West sees them as sex objects. I kinda just accepted that, and then I started thinking about it and all the other stuff I was taught about women in Islam, and I realized how weird that is.

The West does have a problem with treating women like that, but think about it.

Are people in the West literally debating whether or not a young woman should move out alone (notice that no such debate seems to exist for young men)?

Do people in the West think women shouldn't travel without a male relative because oh no someone might be attracted to her?

Do predominant religions in the West forbid women to lead prayers because women are apparently so damn attractive that men will be too gaga with desire to see a woman as a person leading the prayer instead of, well, a sex object?

Do people in the West demand every inch of women's bodies be covered up with baggy clothing so that men don't get aroused by them?

Ask yourselves this; if the West has such a problem with only seeing women's looks, how come we Muslim women need to take so many precautions so that men treat us like people? Should "men and women treating one another like people, not sex objects" not be the default?

submitted by /u/Superb_Introduction
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/30cX1Z5
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours