I am a non-Muslim guy (who loves learning about Islam) and I’ve been friends with a Muslim girl since high school.

Let me start off by saying that I never really felt any sort of attraction towards her and although I have no way of knowing for sure, I don’t think she ever felt anything for me because we’ve always liked other people.

The reason we’re friends is because we shared a lot of classes in high school and she was really smart so she always used to help me with school work. We ended up being in the same classes for most high school and I got to know her a lot better as a person. In the last few years of high school, she struggled with anxiety and depression so I always tried my very best to help her in any way possible (she did go to her girl friends but she said it was nice to have a guy’s perspective on things too).

A few later and we’re still good friends. I’ve hung out with her a couple times outside of school, never just the two of us. Usually we hang out with a Muslim guy friend of mine who she likes. I’ve tried talking to my guy friend about it before and he never really answers my question if he likes her or not, it’s pretty funny. However, I’m 90% sure he likes her too.

Obviously in the future if she gets married to another guy, we won’t really be able to be friends any more. The Muslim guy friend is moving to another city so I don’t see anything happening between them.

So my question is: is this friendship haram in Islam?

Both two Muslim friends mentioned above seem to think it’s okay but another Muslim friend of mine says it’s haram but that ultimately it’s my choice.

She is honestly such an awesome person and a great friend.

The idea of being with her in a romantic relationship doesn’t seem right to me, even if she didn’t like the other guy.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/Teach-me-stuff
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2Hn5GRl
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours