K so we all know that allah has made 7 heavens with the lower heaven made of the stars. One would logically assume this universe is the lowest heaven. He had also made 7 earths which can be interpreted as parallel universes. However I ran into some troubling info. The cosmology of the Mesopotamians is strikingly similar to our Islamic cosmology
Here in this Wikipedia article the Mesopotamians also have the idea of 7 heavens 7 earths. And in terms of where the stars are they also believe that the stars are in the lowest heaven ( look under cosmology and heaven)
The quran also suggests that allah’s throne was over the water which you could interpret as the idea of a primordial water, which is the same as in Sumerian cosmology as well as other cultures and religions.
To tell you the truth I have no idea why they are so similar other then (god forgive me) possibly copying. I have hypothesized that maybe there was a revelation sent to the people of Mesopotamia and it Taught the same things as Islam but the people of Mesopotamians changed it into a polytheistic religion. However, this is a hypothesis and there is no proof. This has genuinely caused me a crisis of faith because we would allah copy(?) Mesopotamian cosmology. Another thing is that they believed in the idea of 7 heavens as domes atop of one another which is the same in the Quran as it describes 7 heavens stacked on one another. I previously thought the 7 heavens may have been 7 parallel universes with their own earths but due to this new correlation it seems the Quran is hinting at the idea of a geocentric model on Mesopotamian thought.
If anyone can please diffuse this doubt or give another explanation that would be gold but for now I’m still a believer but I’m struggling. Any thoughts?
[link] [comments]
from Islam https://ift.tt/31FqhYC
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours