Salaam. I've been heavily considering what to do about my future recently and I can't seem to find an answer.

I'm a south Asian studying in NA. About to graduate soon. My parents want me to stay there and build a better future for myself and, to an extent, even I want that. I understand that my opportunities there are better and I'll likely find more financial stability and freedom there than my home country. However, if I stay there I'll have to be involved in riba. I'll need to get life insurance, car insurance, likely work at a bank or another job that involves selling insurance.

My parents told me I'm free to come back if I want to but it'll be best if I come back after becoming a citizen so that I can keep it as an option in case my country plunges into chaos (this is more than likely given that the political situation here has been very unstable for some time now, leading to all sorts of riots and deaths). They think it'll be a waste of the 4 years I spent studying there if I leave without taking all the benefits I can (i.e. a passport) and I get it. They even told me it's not haraam if I don't have any other options but I feel like I do have other options. My other options just require me to give up the opportunity I have at hand there. I just don't want to make another mistake, Allah knows I've made some pretty big ones already.

Does anyone know what I could do here to avoid haraam? Thanks.

submitted by /u/TheUnorthodoc
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2JgjOff
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours