Assalamu Alaikum,

I am a 16 year old girl, and I live in a non-Muslim majority country. I've been trying to be more conscious of Islam and the deen, and that has included reading online.

I don't wear hijab, but to what extent does that define who I am as a Mulsim woman? Why do Muslim leaders around me seem to see me almost an "adultress", even though I have never once even touched a guy? Can I still maintain modesty without hijab?

Another thing is, I've read a lot that in Islam, a women's best quality is her "shyness". I don't understand what this means at all- I'm naturally a very loud person, and when I warm up enough in certain situations, I love telling stories and making jokes. I participate in speech competitions and enjoy talking. Does that make me a bad Muslim woman?

Why is it that guys can take up positions such as delivering khutbas and recitations, even though I can do those things? Why is it shameful for me if I want to share knowledge I gain of Islam only because I am a woman?

This post has gotten long, but sometimes I feel like it's so tough to follow. I really believe in the religion and appreciate its beauty, but sometimes I feel like it would be easier if I were a 16 year old guy.

submitted by /u/bassoonlady
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2MhGoqQ
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours