What I mean by this is that there are many things Prophet Muhammad PBUH prescribed and even commanded for us to do or refrain from, with the reasoning being to not emulate or distance yourselves from Jews, Christians, etc. I was wondering what the purpose of doing this is, because I rationalize that i something is good or not-harmful, then not doing it or adopting something new just to be different from other religions is a bit pointless. In that case, there are still a lot of traditions that we Abrahamic faiths share. So what is the wisdom behind this, or am I missing something? I mean things like dying of the hair, or praying towards Mecca, or not growing just a mustache etc. for which the reasoning seemed to be distancing one's mannerisms and appearances from other peoples.

submitted by /u/muppetress
[link] [comments]

from Islam http://bit.ly/2XOSmuZ
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours