I’ve endured physical, verbal, and emotional abuse from my father since primary school all the way through high school. I have these feelings of resentment and anger towards my father and I never want to be in the same room as him. According to my mother I have no right from a religious point of view to harbor these feelings of resentment and anger towards my father. But I feel indifferent. According to my mom I should be grateful for all my dad has done and the hard work he has done to bring money and food for this family. But how do I feel that after all the years of abuse. I feel I have every right to be mad at him for all the years of abuse and the resulting physiological issues; social anxiety, constantly thinking I’m not worth people’s time, feeling inferior to other people, Flinching at sudden movements from other people, etc... All I’m asking is whether my mother is right or wrong. Also if any religious teachings, sources, Hadith, sayings that I can quote to my parents to explain to them that all those years of abuse were wrong and they could have gone a different way at raising me and my siblings.

submitted by /u/Impulse_13
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/31ZzCf2
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours