Hello! I'm a non-Muslim, born and raised Christian, but my relationship to the faith is... complicated. I know this has been asked a million times, but I'd appreciate all the help. I'm looking to learn more about Islam and I'm finding it all somewhat overwhelming. I've ordered an English translation of the Quran, but I am sure I will not understand it yet. I'm looking for anything really, but if anyone could point me in the direction of sources by former Christians/Agnostics/Atheists converting to Islam, I would be incredibly grateful. And I'd also be interested in learning about the history of the religion.

Aside from that I have found - Mufti Menk...seems like a pretty well regarded person? - Andalusian Project on YouTube - "No God but God" by Reza Aslan, but it seems like there are mixed opinions on him

And other sources to possibly avoid: - of course know Islamophobes such as Robert Spencer - that Imam of Peace dude - not sure who else

Bonus question: As a woman, I know I'm not supposed to touch the Quran while I'm on my period. This probably seems like a dumb question, but does this apply to only the Quran in Arabic, or the translations as well? Can I read it on an app in that time? I want to be as respectful as possible even though this is not my faith.

submitted by /u/_shadowplay_
[link] [comments]

from Islam http://bit.ly/30UjWJs
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours