When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world.

When I found I could not change the world, I tried to change my nation.

When I found I could not change the nation, I tried to change my town.

When I found I could not change the town, I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself.

And suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family.

My family and I could have made an impact on our town.

Their impact could have changed the nation.

and I could indeed have changed the world.

-Author unknown

Look at how Muhammad was able to change the world. He started with himself and close companions, then he started giving dawah to his local community, and then he started focusing on neighboring towns and villages. And that's how Islam spread throughout the world.

I think this is critical to understand in the information age we live in today. I see some Muslims today that skip all these steps and give more importance to fixing other countries than their own community. When you focus on problems closer to you, you are far more likely to make a difference. This is advice for myself as well on how we can be more effective in changing the world.

submitted by /u/REDPlLL
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2FGl3me
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours