I’ve recently come back to Islam as a recovering alcoholic and as a person riddled with mischief and mental illness. Today we had an elderly imam give a khutba today. He shared a story about a young brother who was judged harshly and misunderstood by the brothers and sisters for going through depression and having mental illness. The imam pleaded to help people going through similar circumstances help resolving their issues and to research mental illness in a scientific way to better remedy their situation instead of shoving “do’s and dont’s” of Islam in their facss.

As soon as prayer was over and duas were done I rushed to him and thanked him and explained my situation briefly as to how I’ve been afflicted with severe mental illness all of my life. He shook my hand firmly and with a heartwarming face and smile, told me “I love you, thank you” and seemed genuinely happy.

We need more people like this giving khutba’s. To understand the youth is to understand shaping our future.

submitted by /u/USP123
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2FKjKnu
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours