Back when I initially practiced Islam, I did love the Qur'an but found actually physically sitting down and reading mine was always seemingly a chore, especially as I didn't read Arabic well at all and so reading a mushaf felt like a complete waste of time and yet reading a translation felt like a poor alternative. So I ended up simply giving in.

Anyway, I've been reading my Qur'an translation (I'm using the Beskim Korkut Bosnian language translation and the Yusuf Ali English translation), even if it is a couple of verses a day (it all adds up!) and today, for the first time I can really remember, it was actually an excitement to me to read Quran, even if I only managed 2 verses. I've actually found myself mentally wanting to read Quran (sometimes quite random times) more and more too, which I didn't think would ever happen. :D

Best part was that I initially read the Bosnian only and didn't need to check the English version because I understood it all. Double :D

Plus I'm now making a point to add in some good recitations by good qaris. I can't get enough, and have now got a whole Qur'an recitation downloaded onto my phone and tablet, by Sheikh Mishary Rashid Al-'Afasy.

❤️🕌

submitted by /u/rabmfan
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2TLEjnh
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours