Hello.

I'm an atheist, but very curious about religions and their set of rules and beliefs.

I've been watching some youtube videos of muslims scholars talking about sins, one being masturbation.

In the comment section of those videos people talk about all the awful things masturbation does to your body, which there is no scientifical proof of; (loss of eyesight, mental illness, shrinkage in penis). People might have problems and blame later blame masturbation for it. Why is masturbating bad other than what is "spiritually" thought?

Second

Forgiveness. I've heard scholars say that most sins are fine, even killing as long as you run towards allah and seek forgiveness. Visit mecca, etc. You can be forgiven.

To me it's absolutely ridiculous to believe most sins INCLUDING KILLING can be forgiven if you seek the path of allah. That to me sounds like being a narrow minded zombie having justification for everything. You can't have justifications for everything, otherwise you'll be free to do anything. I could go kill someone and whoops, it's okay. I can join Islam and seek forgiveness. Maybe I'll be forgiven if my faith is strong enough. Thats absolutely ridiculous to me.

Thanks a lot for answers and understanding. Inshallah brothers.

submitted by /u/ddsama
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2V5eNe0
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours