I'm.sure I'm not new in finding myself in this situation. But mine is different in a way that I got some time off during highschool and I thankfully tried my best to use it the best way possible. One of those things was learning about Islam. I'm 90% sure I will not loose faith and stay away from manor haram stuff.

The 10% unsurity comes from not knowing what to do if and when I'm in a situation where I have to go to a house party, or to the beach or some place with friends where all there is dancing and music.

See, I changed highschools a lot and even though I made friends...I never stayed long enough at one place to be available to be invited to parties or movie nights or stuff like that (this was fully out of my control) ...so basically I have no experience in staying no or comign you with something else without losing friends and important convos/fun times.

And now that I'll be starting university next year Inshallah, I don't want to miss out on having a good university experience and making long lasting friends. The place that I'm hopefully going to is far far away, and even if I go to uni close to home (where there's an abundant Muslim population) these issues are still going to stand.I also don't want to feel left out.

1) I know I could just go do some fun thing with my friends (like laser tag, skating, watching a game, or going gaming)

2) I don't have former friends or older siblings or really anyone to ask for advice.

3) Link any good resources you have (because the ones I found weren't good enough to convince me I guess)?

4) Were you ever in this situation? What'd you do/not do?

5) I'm sure I'll be pretty busy with school work +(hopefully a job) to even find time to do stuff outside of school...but since I literally have no friends at the moment...I really want to make friends in uni

Tldr: highschool student unsure of how to deal with wanting to go to parties to have fun in college/uni as a Muslim?

submitted by /u/thinkerjuice
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2tGLhPV
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours