The point of life is to worship Allah. I understand this. Islam gives my life purpose but at the same time I can't, or rather won't, spend hours worshipping. Instead I spend that time watching movies or playing videogames because it's "fun" and kills time. You could attribute this to my younger age and honestly most my age won't be seen in the masjid. But I want to be like the young of the prophet time not the young of today who give in to their every desire.
Maybe due to my lower middle class upbringing but I don't really enjoy anything in life and I'm just kinda waiting for death and the next life. I don't like working but I have to pay rent. Then I get home tired and just want to play or watch to unwind until sleeping and repeat. Forever. Unfortunately modern medicine means long lives, which is good for the worshipper but not for the depressed who's tired of life. I know suicide is not an option for a believer. Every believer is tested and must finish their test. But I really feel I need something or need some kind of change or I'll go mad. I try to keep myself distracted at all times and loneliness depresses me. I'd really appreciate some advice. Salam and jazakallah
[link] [comments]
from Islam http://bit.ly/2ShUlcA
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours