|
This post will not add anything new I believe. It's a very simple concept, but I myself realized how easy it becomes forgotten given the fast paced world of today. It has become expected that we will always happen to catch a video, post or an article about Muslims in the midst of prosecution, injustice, and corruption on a daily basis. I speak for myself when I say see that those in my circle tend to have generally two reactions: absolute apathy on one hand and pure rage on the other. I will not count myself out and I will admit that I have fallen on the apathy spectrum more or less. I sort of just got overwhelmed, I don't know how my anger will bring any change so in a way I just started to ignore the issues altogether. Then it hit me one day how there is this famously quoted verse that really called for a different reaction altogether when it comes to awful headline news that involve our brothers and sisters in faith. Again it's very simple. When there is corruption widespread and it's become the standard rather than the exception, then our reactions should be of assessment and reflection not anger and dissociation. Allah is first of all addressing that these problems that result are the fruits of our own doings, and so as a result the whole point of these unfortunate events are one purpose: to return back. I read this all the time, thinking corruption is only restricted to pollution and lack of blessings, but it's very open ended to all types of corruption too. All calamities that fall upon us can be categorized here. are But I don't think I ever took the crux of the lesson here. That is to say when we see something really messed up appear on our newsfeed, our first reactions should be, "Okay, how can I get closer? How can I actually create a change in myself to make a change for them?". We know from the Prophet (s) that this Ummah is connected, and that we are like a body. This puts us all on the spotlight and so I think we should really understand that we are not completely helpless. We all carry pieces of the solution to relieve the suffering of those around us. I can't deny that there are efforts happening all over the world from people who actually advocate for the wrongdoings happening with charity campaigns and donations, but I am speaking from a personal perspective here. What can you can offer to your brothers and sisters? Not your money or your resources but from your own soul's purification. That's one of our greatest weapons in the climate of today. A sincere returning heart. It's a very emotional concept when really grasped, that we are actually part of a faith that facilitates global change when we amend our own selves. I don't mean to account factors in politics or giant resources here as the focus here is on our own-selves. Not playing the blame game here. Practically speaking, it should be like whenever we hear of a tragedy, our first response is to get up and seclude ourselves in prayer and beseech Allah about the problem. Schedule a Qiyam for it perhaps. Reflect on our own shortcomings, and how can we return to Allah better tomorrow. There is no such thing as finding ourselves helpless towards the oppressed and the weak, as this verse clearly shows that there is an action expected from all of us whenever corruption manifests. May Allah aid our Brothers and Sisters, and give us the ability to help ourselves, to help them. لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْجِعُونَ {Disclaimer: This isn't a Tafseer but a reflection on already established meanings amongst our Scholars} [link] [comments] |
from Islam https://ift.tt/2Nq0PjV
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours