Salaam!

I looked into whether or not my favorite cereal, Honey Bunches of Oats, is halal, and according to Muslim Consumer Group, it is not. MCG cited an email from the company saying alcohol is used but evaporates in the drying/baking process. Regardless, I believe it is only alcohol extracted from dates and grapes we cannot consume, correct? Also, I don't fully follow MCG because they state something without a halal symbol is haram. I've noticed some foods they find haram, every other halal website i check says it is halal (example: nutri grain bars). In no way am I insulting MCG. I am just saying why I personally do not 100% follow them. They are doing great work. I personally use Scan Halal on my phone, but this cereal wasn't on there. Could anyone provide insight? I won't stop researching until I found the source of alcohol in the cereal so I know if I can have it or not but I'm having trouble with this

Jazakallah Khair

submitted by /u/AA149
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2TcCGTb
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours