Last night I found out that I wasn’t selected for an opportunity at school that I had really, really wanted. I prepared, and planned, and set my heart on it, but in the end, I was not selected, though 15 others were.
Devastated, I went in search for answers. I reached out to the people who interviewed me, but receieved generic responses that didn’t make sense. They called me an “amazing person”, that my interview was “nothing short of spectacular”. So why not me? Why, why, why?
I kept asking myself that and went to bed upset. This morning I went to school and talk about it with some others, but only got more upset. On the drive home, I burst into tears, unable to hold it in any longer. Over and over I asked myself, why not me? Why?
Then suddenly I felt like I needed to listen to Qur’an. I put on the first playlist I found and hit shuffle. Subhanallah, I immediately stopped crying and felt at peace.
There are 114 surahs in the Qur’an and unfortunately I have memorized only a handful. Yet on the ride back, I realized that out of all the surahs I listened to, only a few I did not have memorized. The rest I knew and I recited out loud with the speaker. I felt as if Allah (SWT) was asking to hear my voice, and so I did.
I’m tearing up writing this now not because I’m upset over the missed opportunity, but because I’m ashamed that I lost sight of who really decided not to give this to me. Allah (SWT) did not want this for me. Why should I be upset?
Subhanallah. Now the verse that is stuck in my head is the one in my title, from Surah Al-Anfal:
"وَإِذْ يَمْكُرُ بِكَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا لِيُثْبِتُوكَ أَوْ يَقْتُلُوكَ أَوْ يُخْرِجُوكَ ۚ وَيَمْكُرُونَ وَيَمْكُرُ اللَّهُ ۖ وَاللَّهُ خَيْرُ الْمَاكِرِينَ"
“And [remember, O Muhammad], when those who disbelieved plotted against you to restrain you or kill you or evict you [from Makkah]. But they plan, and Allah plans. And Allah is the best of planners.” - 8:30
[link] [comments]
from Islam http://bit.ly/2t92LUU
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours