Why there are sub sects in Sunni and Shia?

In late 2017 I left home for my university studies and came here there were few Muslims in my hostel and I used to invite them for Namaz there were few who always said no and I didn't forced them much but few days ago I asked them and forced them to tell why don't they come with us for namaz and pray separately(I have seen them praying that's why I didn't forced them much). They said I belong to 'diobandi' and they belong to 'barelwi' sect I was shocked because until then I haven't heard of such things. I called my dad for this and he explained a little and said "if someone asks you about this just say to them that you follow Quran and Hadith."

I wasn't introduced to these things and if my teacher in 5th grade didn't asked me if I was Sunni or Shia I wouldn't know that I was Sunni.

And I saw somewhere maybe here or youtube that Muslim were cleaning national parks in US and few comments were they are not Muslims they are Ahmadis.

what Islam says on this issue? can you ELI5 all this to me i have got no idea about it.

submitted by /u/danishwar
[link] [comments]

from Islam http://bit.ly/2Uzk3WK
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours