So with the start of the new year, I've been evaluating myself. I have been evaluating the factors that have prevented me from excelling to my full potential. I know the primary factor is the will of Allah (swt), of course, he is the best of planners, and I do not doubt that whatever happens is happening for a reason, and inshAllah, of course, that reason is beneficial to me. However, I have realised that I do not have any true confidence in myself. And I've been told this by family members, teachers and mentors. I feel like despite working hard, despite making sincere dua, I don't truly believe in my ability to achieve my goals. There's a part of me that knows I will end up being disappointed in myself. In turn, I feel as if the quickest way to attain self-confidence is through the validation of others, unfortunately. I know this is a sin. And it has clearly had a detrimental effect on my true self-confidence. I just want to stop. I want to believe in myself completely, and believe that Allah (swt) will give me tawfeeq and help me achieve my goals. Does anyone have any books or lectures to recommend or any advice that can help, I want to stop this detrimental cycle before it ruins every opportunity I get.
[link] [comments]
from Islam http://bit.ly/2Fei8mf
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours