Two days back, I was in my office, around 30 minutes to Maghrib. Running late for Asr, I asked my colleague if he would join me for Asr Salah. He said his ride is on the way and he would miss his ride if he went to pray.

I went ahead without him, 15 minutes later I came back and my colleague was about to leave but nevertheless still there. I sat on my seat and got busy with my work. Some time later, I suddenly remembered that I did not pray Maghrib. Opened Prayer Times app on my mobile, 30 minutes had already passed since the beginning of Isha time.

I am no Waliullah, I have missed Fajr many times because of sleep, but missing a prayer without any excuse never happened to me before this (ever since I started getting serious about my Deen).

I thought about it, and I believe the reason Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى did not allow me to stand before him was the state of my heart when I came back from Asr Salah.

At that time I had a smile on my face and a distinctive feeling of me being better than my colleague since I prayed and he did not. A feeling of pride, the same pride about which Allah says - Pride is My cloak and greatness is My robe, and he who competes with Me in respect of either of them, I shall cast into the Hell Fire. Hadith Qudsi - Abu Dawood

Whatever Salah that I have offered is only because Allah has enabled me to do that, and he could very easily deny me with that blessing. Feeling pride over something on which I have no control and is completely at the mercy of Allah is stupidity. Allah crushed my pride and I learnt a valuable lesson.

submitted by /u/abd_min_ibadillah
[link] [comments]

from Islam http://bit.ly/2AZwaVN
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours