I am married to a muslim man and while it is hypothetical at this point, I am thinking about the possibility of having a male child in the future and it got me thinking about circumcision. I understand that it's not mentioned in the Qoran. Can anyone point me to the hadith or sunnah that mentions circumcision? Personally, I don't think it is necessary (medical and scientific evidence shows it is not), but if it's really a religious ruling then I will support my husband's decision to circumcise any male children we have. But, if it's merely a cultural tradition and not really required by the religion, then it's something I'd like to discuss further. I'm having a hard time finding anything conclusive on this issue, especially since I don't read Arabic and am not finding any reliable sources in English. Can someone please help to shed some light on this issue? Thank you :)

submitted by /u/hotforharissa
[link] [comments]

from Islam http://bit.ly/2EWLxC0
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours