I just got laid off from my job and I'm having some other troubles in life. On top of that, I've been having a bipolar depression episode, something I haven't had in 5+ years. I have been considering suicide even though I know it's a sin.

I talked with my imam about it and he introduced me to a new psychiatrist and new therapist (I recently moved to a new city), and I will be seeing them in a few days. So yes, I am going through medical channels to seek help. I am taking my medications. Still, I would appreciate duas from my brothers and sisters and also some recommendations on some suras or duas I myself can meditate on to keep me centered instead of going deep into my head and then possibly doing something awful.

(Please do not admonish me or tell me about going to the Fire, I feel awful enough, all I'm asking for is positive, uplifting ways I can use my deen and iman to lift up my spirit as I go through these difficult times)

submitted by /u/Baphlingmet
[link] [comments]

from Islam http://bit.ly/2rZzBXo
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours